It’s hard to believe that the 4th of July is next week! Whether you’re entertaining, attending a party or just enjoying the day with your family, we know you’ll love these fun patriotic finds.
Kids will love spending the 4th outside playing with these great DIY beach balls (or these for older kids) and flying discs from Oriental Trading. I love that they can put their own stamp on these outdoor staples. And best of all, they’ll be playing with them long after the firework’s end. They would also make for a great craft activity if you’re hosting a party.
If you’re as obsessed with Pinterest as we are, you won’t be surprised that the boards are alive with great 4th of July entertaining ideas. While we’re not ones to hand stitch a 4th of July banner or make patriotic necklaces out of pistachio shells, there are some super easy snack and treats ideas that will turn your BBQ into a festive celebration.
From left to right:
- Patriotic ice cream sandwiches (super easy to make with store bought ice cream sandwiches, red, white & blue sprinkles and a popsicle stick)
- Red, white and blue layer cake (use box yellow cake mix and you only have to dye to layers)
- Rice Krispy treat sparklers
- Patriotic ice cream cones
- Skewered fruit platter (that might actually get the kids to eat fruit)
- Brownie & fruit kebabs
- Stang spangled fruit salad
- Easy Rice Krispy Treat squares
- S’mores bar: But make sure you think out of the box and include Reese Peanut Butter cups, caramel squares, white chocolate, Nutella and even Starbursts (just make sure to put them on the end of the stick and have them melt a little)
If you’re looking to get into the spirit of the day early in the morning, I love this flag toast idea: